Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Sign Me Up

Saturday morning I met the Petersiks!  If you aren't familiar with John and Sherry I suggest you check out their awesome blog: younghouselove.  My cousin and I traveled to the Duke Energy Convention Center to attend this year's Books by the Banks.  We got there around 10am and the line already looked like this to meet John and Sherry.


Their table was somewhere over in the right side of the picture, so it went all the way in front of me and to the right.  It was long.  John and Sherry were giving a talk at 11am and we knew that if we stayed in line we would miss it.  So...we snuck up front and snagged two books to buy before the talk.  Here it is:


We ran off to pay and then to grab a seat in the auditorium.  To say I was excited was an understatement. The room filled up fast and it seemed more like a group of old friends than 100 or so complete strangers. 


The talk was light hearted and informative.  They covered some tips and advice on how they got where they are and how not to tak yourself too seriously or be too afraid on your way to making your house a home. 

After the talk, it was back in line, for an hour, to meet John and Sherry and have our books signed.  It was well worth the wait, but as I got closer to meeting them I was so nervous, like a fangirl, and I completely blanked about what I was going to say. I think that I ended up not making a total fool of myself.  John and Sherry were so gracious and completely down to earth.  It was a relief I have to say.  You think about meeting people and hoping that they aren't completely different than you have imagined all this time. 

Here's my nerdy picture:


 Yes, I have the cheesiest smile on my face, and yes, my scarf is attacking John's arm.  Sorry John. 

Here is the (finally) signed book:


I have to say, the book is amazing.  I have already gone through it, twice.  I can't wait to work on some of these projects and I suggest you pre-order your copy ASAP!

Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. So jealous! I'm going to try and go see them when they are in Charlotte. Hope you are well! (formerly Katy Morgan)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katy! Yes, I am doing well. I highly recommend the book (who wouldn't) and if you can make it, I recommend meeting them. It was so cool. Hope you and your little family are great!

      Delete

If you enjoyed this post, please leave a comment or join this site for even more DIY and home related posts!